Things to consider before you start:
Do you want to include unique codes in your emails?
Plan out the journey you want your guests to experience. This is the perfect way to encourage customers to celebrate their birthday with you!
Remember to create and test your email. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
**read on for more information
From the left hand side menu click Birthdays > Create Email. You will be taken to this page:
Select Email Template
2. Select “Click Here to Load a Previously Saved Email” and choose your email from the list.
3. Make sure that the from name, from address, and reply to email addresses are all filled out.
4. Choose a time of the day when the email should be sent.
5. Fill in the number of days the email should be sent before or after the birthday. If you want to send the email on the actual birthday select Pre DOB and type in 0 like in the example below.
Define Search Criteria
6. If the email is only for a specific group you can add some criteria. For example, you might want to send a specific email if the contact subscribed via a booking form and a different email if the contact subscribed through your website. You can also leave this empty if you would prefer.
7. Add your tag so that you can easily group these emails together in your reports. This should be “Birthdays” or similar.
8. Once you are happy that everything is correct, click “Create” and then “Next”. You should now be sent through to a screen that looks like this:
9. On this page you can see the details of the email you have just set up. You can also pause, delete and edit the email if you need to, with the symbols on the right hand side
10. You can get back to this page to view your birthday emails by going to birthday > scheduled emails.
And there we go. It’s as easy as that. Your new subscribers are in for a good time!
The Birthday journey
We would recommend sending an initial ‘Thinking about where to book for your birthday?’ email 21 days before the customer's birthday. This allows them to get in touch with your venue and book the table, but also any additional packages they may want to add!
You can then send a follow up email 7 days before their birthday excluding anyone who has already booked, this will help to drive those last minute birthday bookings!
To do this, ‘add simple search criteria’ and click on ‘Narrow Search by Suppressions’. You will then need to go to ‘Booking Enquiry Date:’ and put in ‘14’ ‘in the last’ no of days. This will exclude anyone who has enquired about a booking since the last birthday email was sent.